Friday, May 15, 2009

The art of blogging


Why do people blog... I dont really know.

But “with malice” is the place where I take out my frustration towards one and all. So, it would actually be asking for too much if I expect people to read, and even more, comment.
As The Lady said the other day, “ I to just go through the blogs when I have time। I never bother to leave a comment. It is too tiresome for me.” So true, na??


Even I thought the same way a couple of months ago। But I have read far too many blogs since, many of which make sense to me. So I can’t help but poke my nose in to leave a comment on those.


As for myself, yes, I also want to be known। And yes, when I see certain posts with 40-odd comments on it, I feel jealous (true and human). I don’t know if all the people who comment on a certain blog, know the blogger, but trust me, even if you ask your friends to comment on something you have written, they might or might not do that (I have had that experience already).


So that means either I can’t write or can’t write something that will compel people to key in a few words.

Never mind, "with malice" will keep coming even if there is nobody to notice me.


1 comment:

  1. First and formost, don't say "maybe I don't know how to write". I have read a lot of your work and I know your potential. The reason why some blogs get 100 comments and some none is because of a variety of reasons, for example the reader's interest zone, access to the blog etc etc. For example, many people don't like reading about Indian politics.
    What I suggest is to just keep writing. Write for yourself. Not for anyone else. I firmly believe that you are your own judge.
    Also, the blogs that usually get 40-50 comments are gossipy type pieces.
    And don't forget, you have a loyal follower in me, so comments or no comments, spill it out....

    ReplyDelete