Saturday, May 16, 2009

Swinging moods


I am in a bad mood today. Part of it has to do with the fact that the new cooler has successfully given me terrible body ache and fever.
But most of it is due to the situation in which I find myself today. Ten months back I left my first job to come to city I fell in love with, 3 years ago. The decision to quit the first job was a painful but strategic one.
First, I wanted to come to New Delhi. Second, I wanted to learn more about the job I was doing and I felt the new place would be a good place to learn. Right or wrong, but I took the decision and here I am today, sulking.
The cribbing, however, is not permanent. I am prone to these mood-swings at times. And it was frustration and anger, which took over today and forced me to key this down.
I still remember the time we (I and The Lady) disclosed our decision to leave the first company, our boss said, “You won’t get the kind of responsibility and power that you enjoy here in the next company,” and so true it has turned out to be.
I don’t know if he meant it when he said that we were turning to be the assets to the company, but over here, in the new firm, I certainly feel I am not one of the assets.
People over here are nice but too professional to my liking. The irony is that I don’t know for myself if I am improving or not. Tough I have got around 70% in the evaluation process, but somehow, I am not satisfied.
You have all the rights to say that I am confused, and well, I might be.
I miss you nuts and your company…

2 comments: